Waiver of Liability in favor of IPREVAIL INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Florida, USA, and both of their directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, “IPrevail”).
I, the Volunteer, desire to work as a volunteer for IPrevail International Foundation and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for a work project. I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Waiver under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless IPrevail and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my volunteer work with IPrevail. I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver discharges IPrevail from any liability or claim that I, the Volunteer, may have against IPrevail with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation on the IPrevail work site. I also understand that IPrevail does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. Insurance. I, the Volunteer, understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of IPrevail beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of IPrevail in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. Medical Treatment. I hereby release and forever discharge IPrevail from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my time with IPrevail.
4. Assumption of the Risk. I understand that my time with IPrevail may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, construction activities, loading and unloading of heavy equipment and materials, and local transportation to and from the work sites. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release IPrevail from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with IPrevail.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey unto IPrevail all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by IPrevail during my work for IPrevail, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. I agree to treat as confidential all information about clients or former clients and their families that I learn during the performance of my duties as director/staff/volunteer, and I understand that it would be a violation of policy to disclose such information to anyone without checking first with the Executive Director.
7. Other. I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Florida in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.